Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Top Gospel CD's

Hi! It's Tuesday night, and I'm back from celebrating my Mom's birthday. After all that talking and catching up with my family, I just wanted to give you some ideas of some CD's you might want to check out.

I mentioned yesterday that Heather Headley was one of the featured soloists on Celebration of Gospel. Well, she also released a CD called "Audience of One" that is currently at the top spot on the Billboard Christian and Gospel chart, as well as being in the top 10 on the R&B/Hip Hop chart. Gospel sister/duo Mary Mary is at #2 with their current CD "The Sound", which is a departure for them as they incorporate more praise & worship and pop sound into their standard contemporary gospel sound. Sunday Best winner Crystal Aiken's self-titled CD is at #3, with Marvin Sapp's "Thirsty" holding down the #4 spot. The Sunday Best runner-up Shari Addison rounds out the top five gospel CD list. I would say any of these projects would be a good addition to your iPod/CD player list, but I'd be partial to Marvin Sapp's CD if you absolutely had to pick one.

I know "Never Would Have Made It" is the song everyone talks about from this CD, but the video I'm featuring is "Magnify", which is more uptempo and is more like the music followers of Commissioned would recognize from him. Hope you enjoy it, and have a great evening!

No comments: