Friday, January 16, 2009

Georgia Mass Choir & Whitney Houston

Hi everyone! It's Friday night, and hopefully you're in the mood to get your praise on!

The group that I'm featuring tonight is the Georgia Mass Choir. You might know them best as the choir that backed up Whitney Houston in the movie "The Preacher's Wife". They've actually been around since 1983 when founder Milton Biggham auditioned over 600 people to form the group, which currently stands at around 150 voices.

They are still recording, and had a CD in 2007 called "Tell It" that reached #4 on the gospel charts in the US. Some of their best known songs include "Joy" [featuring Kirk Franklin], "Come On In the Room" [classic old-school traditional gospel!], "Help is on the Way" and a remake of one of my favorite Richard Smallwood songs, "I Love the Lord", which features a lead by Whitney Houston from the soundtrack of "The Preacher's Wife".

I'll post the clip for the song "Joy" so you can get an idea of the powerful sound of the choir. And since I brought the movie up, I'll also load a clip of Whitney and the choir singing "I Love the Lord". They're only recordings of the songs with no video, but the impact when you hear them will bless you tremendously.

Have a blessed evening!



No comments: