Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Looking Back - Love Camp

Good evening, everyone!

I was just looking at a video featuring one of my all time favorite gospel artists, Richard Smallwood. He was teaching at a music and arts workshop teaching the choir the song "Holy, Holy". The kicker is this. Instead of the workshop & concert happening in the US, this was actually held in Japan! Here's the actual video of the finished product.



It took me back to a time where my husband & I were really into trying to participate in as many workshops as possible, and we heard about a workshop called "Love Camp" that was happening in the East Bay Area of California. The first year the featured artist was Darryl Coley, and the second year was Richard Smallwood. This is a good way to find out things about the background behind Gospel music as well as getting a chance to learn some new songs and performing them at the end of the week. After you get over the awe of seeing some well-known artists, you find out real quickly that they're regular folks with God-given gifts that they choose to share with others, and that you have your own gift that you can learn to hone and share with others too. The big thing I remember about the second year was that even though I took part in the rehearsals, because of a previous commitment I couldn't take part in the concert on that Saturday. I was mad, even though I knew my hubby would be part of the choir and would represent us well. I got the surprise of a lifetime when I got to talk to Mr. Smallwood that Friday night and shared how much of a blessing it was to be in his workshop. He encouraged me to keep on ministering in music, and to keep praying for him as he ministered around the world. That's a promise I've been happy to keep!

Since I mentioned Darryl, I had to include this video with Wes Morgan from West Coast Prayze. Enjoy both of them, and have a blessed evening!

No comments: