Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stellar Award Winners - Spoilers!

Happy Inauguration Day!!! On this historic day in America, I'm just going to put a short post up announcing the winners of the 2009 Stellar Awards. If you recall, I had a list of nominees in the five overall categories along with my choices of who I thought might win. You can view it here . The awards show hasn't been broadcast yet, so if you don't want to know, stop reading here.




Here's a list of the winners:

Artist of the Year: Marvin Sapp; Thirsty; Verity/Zomba Label Group

Song of the Year (Songwriter; Song; Label)
: Marvin Sapp / Matthew Brownie; "Never Would Have Made It "; Zomba Label Group

Male Vocalist of the Year: Marvin Sapp; Thirsty; Verity/Zomba Label Group

Female Vocalist of the Year: Dorinda Clark-Cole; Take It Back; Zomba Label Group

Group/Duo of the Year: Jonathan Nelson featuring Purpose; Right Now Praise; Integrity Music

OK, I'll admit I'm a little surprised about the Female Vocalist & Group/Duo of the Year choices, though I DO love Dorinda. I'll have to find some Jonathan Nelson tracks and listen to them for a bit.

I'm going back to watch more of the inauguration coverage tonight. Have a blessed day!

No comments: