Thursday, January 8, 2009

Never Underestimate the Power of a Song...

...good afternoon, all! Just a quick blog to mention something that happened recently.

My husband & I have been going through a few things on the medical front, and we got a prognosis on my part that might have me not driving for a bit. Needless to say, it was NOT the news we were expecting or wanted to hear. After driving home and crying/yelling all the way, I happened to play a song by Yolanda Adams called "Somewone Watching Over Me". It's one of my favorite songs anyway, but you know how sometimes you don't really listen to the words until you're going through something? Well, this was one of those times, and I definitely heard the words loudly & clearly. To say the song was a relief and a comfort to me is an understatement. Just goes to show that gospel music does have the power to do more than move your body. It can also move your soul.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: