Thursday, October 9, 2008

Gospel Urban Soul Podcast

Good evening, everyone!

One thing that I enjoy doing is finding podcasts and websites that let me listen to good gospel music online or on my iPod when I'm out and about! I'll be sharing podcasts that feature good grooves with a message.

The first Gospel podcast I came across on Apple's iTunes is Gospel Urban Soul. It's hosted by Herman "Kodah" Albany outta Jacksonville, Florida and has been running since 2007. Here's a little bit on the mission of the podcast:

"The Gospel Music Network plays blazin' hot music from God's gifted and talented recording artists spreading the good news. God's word will nourish your spirit and the music inspired by God will satisfy your soul. You will surely be entertained, encouraged and uplifted. Get ready to experience the next movement in gospel music!"

As I'm typing this, I'm listening to the latest podcast with the theme "Who You Are In Christ". One thing I love about GUS is that the emphasis is on giving exposure to independent Gospel artists that might not have the big recording contract but are passionate about their faith and sharing it with a nice groove behind it. If you download the podcast directly from his website [http://gospelurbansoul.mypodcast.com/], Herman also has a scripture reference for each song he plays. VERY nice!!

So if you want to get your sanctified groove on, go to Gospel Urban Soul and download some good music for your soul. Peace!

No comments: