Sunday, April 20, 2008

Go Ahead...Chill Out!

Good evening! Right now I'm getting ready for the work week to come [and not feeling too thrilled about it], and I'm planning out what I'm going to be doing tomorrow. I'm a little stressed out, so I'm doing what I do a lot on Sunday evenings - listening to what's called chill out music on the Chill Out Lounge on iTunes radio. The music itself is a combination of musical loops & synthesizer music that's played at a slower tempo than most electronic music. It lends itself to simply kicking back with a nice glass of wine, a significant other [if you have one, that is], and just relax and let the music take you away. It's similar in some ways to ambient music, but with a more R&B/jazz groove to it. It's used in clubs to let the party crowd cool off after grooving on the dance floor for a while. Some artists to check out would include Groove Armada [the first ones I listened to], Thievery Corporation and Banco de Gaia. Now I'm off to relax with DJ Gregory. Groove on!

No comments: