Friday, September 19, 2008

Change in Format

Hi there!

I'm really starting to enjoy bringing folks up to date with some artists that I've enjoyed over the years. I've noticed that it seems that most of the artists I've featured here are in the genre of Gospel music. Taking note of that, plus the fact that I'm involved in the music ministry at my church [Hello, ALCFers!], I've decided to make the focus of this blog more geared towards showcasing all kinds of Gospel music.

Most people associate Gospel music with large choirs with a soloist singing their hearts out. While that's one type of Gospel music, there are others available. Did you know there was a style called holy hip-hop? How about gospel jazz?? And there's both traditional and contemporary Gospel, also. There's even Gospel house music!

All of these styles are different, but they carry the same message of the "good news". I hope that you'll enjoy learning about these artists & styles of music as much as I do. God bless!

No comments: